ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
THURSDAY Oct 24 2019.
DINNER AT 7:00
$15 for Davedi members,
Ladies Auxiliary members
Buon Viaggio to Ladies Auxiliary members on their trip to Sault Sainte Marie for their Northern Ontario Italian Ladies Auxiliaries convention. It’s a truly wonderful event and I want to wish all of you a wonderful time filled with laughter, friendship and memories.
Congratulations go out to a Davedi Executive member, Frank Ricciuti and his wife on their wedding, celebrated at the Club recently. Congratulations, auguri e cento anni di salute.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Thanksgiving, is a time to reflect on and to be thankful to God for countless blessings. Those fortunate enough get to enjoy bountiful feasts with loved ones. It is also a time to be mindful of those less fortunate and to share our blessings.
Spero che tutti abbiano avuto una meravigliosa festa di ringraziamento. La festa di Ringraziamento è un tempo per riflettere ed essere grati a Dio per le innumerevoli benedizioni. Quelli abbastanza fortunati possono godersi feste abbondanti con le sue famiglie. È anche il momento di essere consapevoli dei meno fortunati e di condividere le nostre benedizioni.
October is a busy month for the Ladies’ Auxiliary.The weekend of October 18, to 20th finds some of us travelling to the Soo for our much looked forward to annual N.O.I.L.A. Convention.
We host another Spaghetti Supper on Sunday, October 27th. Come one and all!
A reminder to mark on your calendar, the Wednesday afternoons November 20th and December 18th for the monthly Cards ‘N Pizza afternoons from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. in the Members Lounge. ** Please call or email me ASAP with names of the ladies who will be attending.** As before, you will organize your group and bring your own cards. This event is open to members and their guest(s). A nominal fee of $3.00 for members and $3.50 for non-members will be collected upon arrival to help offset the cost of the pizza. Hope to see you there!
705-358-3432 or email@example.com
Ottobre è un mese pieno di impegni per le donne. Nel weekend dal 18 al 20 ottobre, alcuni di noi viaggiano a Soo per il nostro tanto atteso annuale N.O.I.L.A. Convenzione.
Ospitiamo un’altra cena di spaghetti domenica 27 ottobre. Vieni tutti!
Un promemoria da segnare sul calendario, i pomeriggi di mercoledì 20 novembre e 18 dicembre per i pomeriggi di Cards & N Pizza dalle 13:00 alle 15:00 nella Lounge dei membri. ** Chiamami o inviami un’e-mail con i nomi delle donne che saranno presenti. ** Come sempre organizzerai il tuo gruppo e porterai le tue carte. Questo evento è aperto ai membri e ai loro ospiti. Una tassa nominale di $ 3,00 per i membri e $ 3,50 per i non membri saranno raccolti all’arrivo per aiutare a compensare il costo della pizza. Spero di vedervi lì! 705-358-3432 o firstname.lastname@example.org
Ladies Auxiliary President
Verdi Choir. Sing Italian songs with friends and family. Join us on Sunday afternoons from 2 to 3 30. Great tunes. Learn some Italian. For more information call Christine 705-493-1846.
Film Flowers of Saint Francis Film will be shown at the Davedi Club on Friday November 15 at 7 p.m. No admission charge. For members, families and friends. All welcome.
“In a series of simple and joyous vignettes, director Roberto Rossellini and co-writer Federico Fellini lovingly convey the universal teachings of the People’s Saint: humility, compassion, faith, and sacrifice. Gorgeously photographed to evoke the medieval paintings of Saint Francis’s time, and cast with monks from the Nocera Inferiore Monastery, The Flowers of St. Francis is a timeless and moving portrait of the search for spiritual enlightenment.”
Sandro Cipparone and Benito Zimbalatti,
Ways and Means
Join our Annual Grape Stomping Celebration on Friday, October 18th, 2019 at the Davedi Club. Following our famous buffet style dinner enjoy a traditional Italian parade, join us on stage to try stomping the grapes, and dance the night away. Cocktails 5:30 Buffet Dinner 6:30 Vendemmia Parade Dance: 9:00 pm. For information and tickets please drop into the club or call 705.474.
Reserve the date for these Ways and Means Events…..
Annual Members Family Christmas Party December 15. For more information call the office.
New Years Eve Party Dec 31
Up-coming events at the Davedi Club
- • Grape Stomping Celebration October 18
• General meeting and nomination night October 24.
• Spaghetti Supper Oct 27th. Join us for the Davedi’s Ladies Auxiliary spaghetti supper at the Davedi Club from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Delicious homemade sauce, meatballs, spaghetti, salad, buns, dessert and Tea/Coffee. Adult – $14.00 Child (10 & under) – $5.00 Child (3 & under) – FREE Take-out – $10.00 (bring your own container) Everyone is welcome!
• Christmas Artisan Show. Davedi Club Ladies Auxiliary is hosting their 31st Annual Artisan’s Craft Show and Cafe at the Davedi Club on November 2 and 3, 2019 from 10am to 4pm. Some key points are: Free admission but food bank items or donations are generously accepted and free parking. There will be a Cafe with homemade soup, sandwiches and desserts and Mama Davedi sales. Over 40 vendors, with crafts and gifts for every occasion as well as for the hard to buy for special person; such as: Jewellery, Metal, Wood & Pottery, Knitting, Crocheting, Quilting & Sewing Items, Syrup, Candles, Wearable Treasures, Body, Foot, Bath & Laundry Products, Woodcrafts, Leather Goods, Stained Glass, Oils, Books & Bags, Christmas Food, Crafts, Decorations & assorted Items, and many more. Everyone welcome. Contact Sylvia at 705-474-2734 for inquiries.
• Ladies Auxiliary meeting November 12 7p.m.
• Film “Flowers of St Francis” Nov 15 7p.m.
• Spaghetti Supper – Nov. 24th
• General Meeting November 28 Elections
• Italian Christmas Cookies Bake Sale – Sun., Dec. 1st.
• Ladies Auxiliary Christmas Party Dec 10
• Family Christmas Party for Members Dec 15
• New Years Eve Party Dec 31
L’ultimo sole d’estate tramonta lento e triste
di fronte alla dimora del mio riposo autunnale.
Pensieri, pensieri nostalgic volana nella mia mente,
mentre il giorno muore, intenerito da un flebile canto
di un fringello solitario tra i rami d’un pino secolare. Lontano lo Stromboli, tra un cumulo di cirri rosa,
spinge lentmente in alto un nugolo di fumo
spargemdo intorno una pace di quiete eternal.
Source Unknown. Please inform us if you know the author of this lovely poem.